Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

I'm still here. Life rolls on. My new mantra? "The trouble is you always think you have time." It's been attributed to Buddha but it's really from Jack Korfield in his work Buddha's Little Instruction Book. You can find it on Amazon. I haven't read the book but the quote fits right now.

July is always jammed packed Chez Buchle. I've been writing a lot. I am halfway into my first good novel. I did submit a piece for an anthology but, alas, I received my first rejection letter. So I've started my rejection letter file. No big deal. The important thing is that I put myself out there. It's a good story, just not a good fit for that particular book. And no, I'm not ready to share my pen names yet.

I've been beading. Yes! Beading! I had purchased some kits from Beads East years ago and have started working on one. If I work diligently I can have it finished in time for a class reunion in October. And if I only pick it up once in a while that's okay, too.

It's summer. The teenager is home. The little boys are becoming big boys and the baby is growing like a weed. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have a ton of beach photos.



And that's the scoop.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Writing a novel...cool. Summer always brings so much more to do. We need winter to rest up for the next one!

Nice to see you post.
xx, Carol

Bead-Mused said...

Hey Carol!
Always nice to see a comment from you. Yep, writing - the one thing I love as much as I love those beads. We'll see how it goes. I hope you are enjoying your summer!!

~.~

T