Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Beads!

My soup came! The box of beads was waiting for me when I came in the door. I love boxes of beads.

Vintage glass, fresh water pearls, a toggle clasp, just enough seed beads and, oh my stars, this:


Tina told me that it was from a souvenir spoon that she flattened and drilled. It's going to make a lovely pendant and I already have an idea for the necklace. What did I send to her? I'm glad you asked.


She actually got two soups. One is built around rose quartz and the other around an ammonite and some jaspers and agates. I will provide more details on everything later. I can't wait to see what she makes. I also included a little pair of earrings I made just because. Those are niobium, copper, mookite, and glass.

And the sweetest picture this week:


Luke had a big welcoming reception when he got home. It is just too sweet how his big brothers can't stop touching him and kissing him. I really didn't want to leave but I'll be going back again soon.

4 comments:

Shai Williams said...

What a lovely soup! That focal is to die for.

And a huge congrats for the new member of your family.

Bead-Mused said...

*gasp* I know! Isn't it great? I have to ask her what state the spoon was from.

And thank you for the congrats! We are so happy to have another little addition. I get to see him again in a few weeks - can't wait!

T

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Bead-Mused said...

Thanks Skyline Spirit. Sorry I missed your comment - I would have published it sooner.